Thursday, April 24, 2008

Courtney Blogs

RAWR

This past week, the Readings and Wild Resuscitations (RAWR) occurred at the Library. Now, I must confess upon initially hearing this plan I was extremely skeptical. I enjoy poetry and such, but spending an evening listening to my peers reading poetry? This would never dawn on me as something to consider, but as a TAG member I thought it best not to voice such concerns, as everyone else seemed rather pleased by the idea. I was thoroughly impressed by the amazing skills demonstrated by that evening’s readers and resuscitators. Despite the draw being a smidge smaller than hoped for, due to the conflict with Music Fest, the overall result was overwhelming success.

The general atmosphere of the people present was one of open ness, and comfort. Some insane TAG member (who will remain nameless) suggested that we remove our shoes, which turned out to be not only popular but added to the effect. One could even argue that we got too comfortable, as I know I wasn’t the only person who knocked over a beverage that evening, fortunately any evidence of said spills was hidden by the return of the shelves to their initial location.

No comments: